Lumio Farm Factor: Multiply and Divide Basics is a free software application from the Kids subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-06-09. The program can be installed on iOS.
Ready for a crunchy, farm-fresh math treat? Solve satisfying veggie number problems and unlock two harvest adventures as you progress.
'Bright, colorful, engaging app... Gives children an opportunity to really understand important concepts.' - The iMums
1) Mystery Multiplication - There s a pumpkin mystery on the farm! Whiz through multiplication basics to discover what happens to the missing veggies.
2) Veggie Divide - Uh oh! The farm is running late for the veggie pick-up. Can you help? Pack peppers, roll radishes and learn the basics of division to get the veggies out in time for market!
Discover 2 cool stories and 60 interactive math problems in the full version. The first problems and story episodes in each topic are free so you can try before purchasing.
For kids aged 6-10
Aligned to Common Core Standards
2 stories, 2 topics, 60 math problems
Unlock the story and problems as you progress
Basic multiplication and division
1 in-app purchase for access to all content
Hints and instructional content for each problem
Farm Factor introduces the tricky topics of multiplication and division. Using concrete objects and models (veggies, boxes, and arrays), learners don't just memorize they understand the underlying ideas and then move on to building fluency. It is ideal for kids learning these concepts for the first time or those who are struggling. The interactions target problem-solving and mathematical reasoning.
MULTIPLICATION SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Understand multiplication as a repeated addition problem
* Understand and use the symbol for multiplication
* Find unknown numbers in multiplication problems
* Create multiplication models involving equal group scenarios
* Use arrays to solve and represent multiplication sentences
DIVISION SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Understand, represent and solve division problems involving fair share and repeated subtraction scenarios
* Understand and use the symbol for division
* Find an unknown number of groups (missing divisor)
* Find an unknown group size (missing quotient)
* Understand division as the inverse of multiplication
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
Farm Factor covers the following learning standards:
3.OA.A.1 Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each. For example, describe a context in which a total number of objects can be expressed as 5 7.
3.OA.A.2 Interpret whole-number quotients of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 56 8 as the number of objects in each share when 56 objects are partitioned equally into 8 shares, or as a number of shares when 56 objects are partitioned into equal shares of 8 objects each. For example, describe a context in which a number of shares or a number of groups can be expressed as 56 8.
3.OA.3 Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
3.OA.4 Determine the unknown whole number in a multiplication or division equation relating three whole numbers. For example, determine the unknown number that makes the equation true in each of the equations 8 ? = 48, 5 = _ 3, 6 6 = ?
Lumio is a collection of kids' educational apps targeting tricky math topics in fun ways.
The apps introduce learners to key concepts using concrete models and familiar but quirky contexts. Abstract ideas come to life for kids using targeted touch interactions.
Lumio apps are fully tested with parents, teachers, and kids. Find out more about our beta testing group at lumiokids.com.
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad, and iPod touch.
Lumio Farm Factor: Multiply and Divide Basics (version 1.2.0) has a file size of 26.21 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 2 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.